TCP Writer Guidelines
Writer Guidelines for Submission
- Submit articles in Microsoft Word 97-2003 (or later ) format (.doc or .docx).
- Articles should be between 400-600 words in length. Do not exceed 600 words.
- Writers: When saving your document, please use this naming convention:
Team Name, Article Name, Author Name EXAMPLE: Humor-A Funny Story-JohnDoe.docTeam Leaders: Once you have determined the publication date for each of your teams’ articles, please adjust the file name to include the date (see below) before forwarding to Content Editor. Publication Date (Month – first three letters all caps/day/year), Team Name, Article Name, Author Name EXAMPLE: AUG 31 2010-Humor-A Funny Story-JohnDoe.doc
- Use Times New Roman 12 point font.
- Use single line spacing.
- No comma before the word “too” unless it is absolutely necessary for sentence clarity.
- Place only one space between sentences.
- Use block style paragraphs without indentions at the start of each new paragraph. All paragraphs should be left justified.
- Article Title and Author name should be located at the top left corner of document and follow this format:
Article TitleBy Author Name – (Do not use lowercase “by” or colon after By: include space dash space after Name.)
- Use commas to separate items in a simple series, but do not place a comma between the last item and the conjunction unless an integral element of the series requires a conjunction. EXAMPLE: Our pets are dogs, cats and birds. ALSO: I enjoy chicken salad, turkey, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
- Pronoun references to Jesus, God the Father or the Holy Spirit are to be capitalized.
- Do not use all CAPS except to emphasize single words or phrases.
- Do not embed or include photographs or illustrations.
- Do not embed or link to Youtube videos.
- Remember to run spell check and grammar check before submitting your article. Also, it is strongly encouraged for you to have your piece reviewed for spelling, grammar, etc., prior to final submission to TheChristianPulse.com.
- Do not underline. Emphasis is given with italics and should be used sparingly.
- Avoid using ellipses (…) more than once in an article.
- When quoting Scripture, place passage within quotation marks and do not italicize. Reference should include translation and be in parentheses after closing quotation marks and before period. EXAMPLE: “Jesus wept” (John 11:35 NIV).
- The first paragraph is what will appear on the front page of our website, so make sure to write it to be catchy and to create interest so a visitor will want to click on “read more.”Hint: Try not to start your article with a Bible verse, but you are encouraged to incorporate Scripture into your article.
- Author bios are pulled from Gravatar.com. All articles include byline; however, NO articles will be published if author does not provide bio of approximately 50-75 words (2-3 lines total), written in third person, via your FREE Gravatar account. The bio can include a link/URL and should be concise, clear and to the point.
- TheChristianPulse.com reserves the right to edit content, title and length of any submission prior to publication. The author will not be notified of minor changes. It is not our intention to alter an individual’s message or style; however, we may clarify certain things or correct grammar, spelling, etc. The editors reserve the right not to accept any submission.
- Please refrain from using language that markets or sells your services. The purpose of this web publication is to uplift, empower and encourage.
- Remember to promote your article publication date each month with friends and fans inviting them to leave a comment at the end of your article with feedback, input and suggestions. We have found that authors who interact and respond to posted comments increase their fan base and readership.